Sunday, August 4, 2013

Ohio Rose quilt block

Ohio Rose
April 4, 1933-The Ohio Rose quilt block was designed in 1860 by a resident of Ohio and is the official quilt pattern of the state according to Nancy Cabot.

 She wrote that though there are many variations of the block but the one I have shown at the left is the original pattern.  I agree that there are many variations of the pattern but I have not been able to find any examples of the block made like Nancy Cabot showed it.

 "The proper colors for the block are the dainty shades and tints of the rose" she wrote.

You can find a drawing of the block here if you wish to make an applique pattern for the block.  I'd love to see any blocks that you make!


Tomorrow-Mississippi Oak Leaves

2 comments :

  1. I just discovered your blog today and so happy I did. Love all of the wonderful patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy seeing the blocks you post. Have you made one?

    ReplyDelete